So, so, SO much work is getting done this week it's incredible. It feels like everything I do for the game matters more than it ever has. I don't have to worry about dropping ideas or holding off on designing something to focus on upcoming schoolwork. I can just hammer out ideas and concentrate on coding features uninterrupted! For an example of what can get done in just one week of summer, look below the break.
|An updated Overworld screenshot.|
|An updated Stats screenshot. (Replaced the Customize button.)|
- Renewed Apple Dev License (it better pay for itself next year...)
- Read Some Scary Stories About Indie Publishers
- Learned That the Extra Credits Team is Full of MLP Fans
- Extensive Notes Written for Pony Designs
- Inspiration Pictures for Pony Designs Collected
- Sketched Drafts for All Pony Designs
- Added Itch.io Widgets to the Games Page
- Speed Stats Show Up on Double Hype Clash (if speeds are equal)
- New Bugs Documented (along with possible solutions)
- Submitted Both BronyCon Panel Forms
- Added Let's Play Link to Unicorn Training's Itch.io Page
- Updated & Organized BGP's Bug Report Forum
- Allowed Family Library Sharing on Unicorn Training (Google Play)
- Changed "Customize" Menu button to "Move Details" (Because you can only customize your ponies in Pony Health Centers with a special-made interface.)
- Fixed Menu & Gamepad Bugs
- Uploaded BGP Pre-Alpha 4.5
- Created YouTuber/Press Spreadsheets
- Created Trailer Planning Spreadsheet
- Planned Many Story Ideas and Cutscene Scripts
- Lots of New OST Tracks & Revised Music Drafts
- Plans for a Music Script That Allows Special Intros Before Looping Songs
- The Great Code Clean-Up (more on that this Friday)
- Watching this Game Tester Documentary gave me an idea for neatly organizing and classifying bugs based on priority.
- Mainstream VR might be closer than I thought.
- Android is the HUGE majority of mobile players, but the ones on iOS may still be the top spenders. How long before people trust premium apps on Google Play?
- Good thing Battle Gem Ponies is both PC and Mobile friendly, because Chromebooks are a thing and Android games will soon be available on them. Much like Windows 10 Phone & PC, gotta keep it in mind. Cross-platform compatibility might score me a featured slot.
- Also, Google's doing Early Access.
- This Animation & Pose Study video got me thinking about how I can pose my ponies to get the best promotional sprites possible.
- Good posing will add character behind the interesting visual design of the Gem Ponies.
|The launch of Fish Feaster was 3 years ago. It was my first completed game.|
I guess since both versions weren't finished until July, I can keep that date up. I think it just looks cooler. I added the original launch of the paid version to the description so I don't forget though.
|No more Apple Ad banners, huh?|
Good thing I'm not into Free-to-Play.
|I'm allowing Unicorn Training to be shared just to see what comes of it.|
All my future single player games might be a nice fit for this though. I could use any extra exposure I can get when it comes to the app store.
I'm much better off finding small-fry YouTubers and begging them to play my game because they at least make a difference in getting the word out there.
Another place that makes a difference, as I found out this weekend, is the Reddit IndieDev page. The day I shared the latest BGP build there I got an extra 4,600 page views on this site before dinner time. I'll be keeping that in mind when new builds come out. My game sparks some curiosity and people are willing to take a look. I can only hope there's plenty of YouTubers out there who will be just as receptive.
|Weekly sales just doubled! Thanks Reddit!|
Give the latest build a try if you haven't already! I finally added gamepad support!