Time to share some of the best bugs of the week!
|The clone glitch gets out of hand real fast. Force escape from battle and|
your extra avatar can appear anywhere and cause trouble.This one got to the inaccessible isle.
|There is absolutely no reason for this to happen.|
(Turns out, I had "Don't Destroy" checked, so the avatar never goes away.)
These were all captured by BGP musician Bluco.
- Cleaned Up All Code for BGP (dramatic difference in readability)
- Reduced Redundancies and Inefficiencies (should run smoother on slower devices)
- Scrapped Idea for Shapeshifting "Ditto" Pony (replaced with simpler surprise idea)
- Took Notes on How to Construct Pokemon "Cutscenes"
- Contacted a Few More Let's Players
- Fleshed Out More Story Details
- More Notes Written for Unicorn Quest
- New Normal Class Move "Quick Slice" Replaces "Shapeshift"
- Written Drafts on Paragon, Their Members, and Their Motives
- Organized the Yotes Games YouTube Channel
- BGP Options Menu
- Updated BGP Demo with Minor Bug Fixes
- Text Types Out One Letter at a Time
- Tap on Upper Battle Screen to See Stats and Party Info Again
- Fixed Staircase Bug
- Researched & Played EvoCreo (compared it to BGP 4.6 & took notes of good/bad)
- Listed More Press Contacts (specifically ones covering Pokemon clones)
- Watched Indie Game: The Movie (again)
- Fully Explained Indie Dev to Parents
- Writing neat code will be essential to this project and future games.
- Comments do matter. For every minor group of lines. You may understand your code right now, but a month later all those variable shorthand names, clustered if/elses, and entire functions forced to fit on single lines will be really intimidating and confusing.
- You spend a lot more time staring at confusing code than you spend trying new solutions.
|A game under construction.|
|On a side note, I think its ridiculous how all these years later, Apple still doesn't let|
you delete app versions you haven't submitted yet. Look at all these empty and expired builds!
|I just want to delete them and it won't let me!|
It's nice knowing I have their full support, and now their full confidence. They see the same bright future I do, and that makes me more determined to run towards it!
|I have a donation button on this blog, but PAtreon seems like |
the place where people are most comfortable supporting creators.
Out of curiosity, I checked back on the Patreon of another pony game on Steam Greenlight and they're making almost double the money months later! Ambient Prologue ha. Makes me think about when I considered making my own Patreon but ultimately decided against it due to it not feeling fair if I'm not releasing frequent free content.
Still, I can't help but daydream about how far I could push my own business with an extra $775 a month. I'm scraping by with $30 here and attending just 2 conventions I've been planning for a year is cutting it close to the red. With any luck, when BGP finally releases, maybe my long-tail sales will jump from $30 to $775. A Yotes can dream...