|Having trouble deciding new colors for the Poni-Bot|
|Niko has evolved. I'll miss the spiky hair, but let's see if I get used to it.|
|I looked at the GBA art I have the world scaled to and compared it|
to the much taller sprites found in games like EvoCreo and Mother 3.
|This is how I tested their size and how well they fit in with the current tile size.|
Nobody can be wider than 16 pixels or else things will overlap in weird ways.
|Did a size comparison with the girl avatar too.|
Also had to figure out a way to make female sprites look different. It's all in the legs.
|I settled on this design. Wanted to keep the 3-spike hair so bad,|
but I know I'll make a better impression with the left one.
|Have to remake ALL these guys and more in the new art style.|
(These are first drafts anyway. I already changed many of them since last year.)
- Tweaked Pony Abilities
- Planned Unique Encounters for Each Wild Pony in Story
- Planned Which Wild Ponies Appear on Each Route
- Drew New Pony Sprites
- Edited Existing Pony Sprites
- New Human Sprite Template
- New human Sprites
- Edited Environment Tiles
- Featured in a Video by UltraMag64, Encapsulating the Gripes Vocalized on Steam Greenlight
- Another Video Like the One Above, but this time... In RUSSIAN!
- Doesn't really matter if something is unique if you can't tell the difference at a glance. Best bet for not making your game look cheap is to give a distinct look to everything.
- When creating, you can't just combine aspects of other things that are cool. Or if you do, at least combine more than 2 sources of inspiration and always add some subconscious unique twist on top.
|My vision of a black trainer/protagonist has come a long way since high school.|
|Same with the counterpart.|
But I may save that challenge for later. I just want to make a solid game that releases before September for now.
If I can convince 25,000 of them to buy the game, I've won. Goal achieved. The proud Legit Developer status will be mine, I won't need to get a "real" job. And that's when I'll get started on a BGP sequel with every idea that was too big to fit into this one.
I had to explain as neatly and concisely as possible that I'm avoiding all official trademarks, characters, etc. and even taking steps to insure my designs aren't confusingly similar to MLPs (like Vinerva compared to Mane-iac).