The road looks long ahead, but aiming for the milestones makes the journey feel more manageable. So it's onto the next. See you below the break.
|Chopped together some music to show musician E^2 what I wanted|
the graveyard level music to sound like.
- Fixed 5.0 Bugs
- Doubled Average Health Bar Size
- Minimum Damage of 1 HP
- Random 1-6 Additional Damage Points (to add some unpredictability)
- Released Build 5.1
- Activity on Various Forums
- Featured on EQD
- Reached Out to YouTubers
- Studied Pokemon Fan Games
- Revised Plans for Version 6.0
- Contacted YouTubers
- Created BGP Forum Threads on Relic Castle, Itch, FiG, & MLGD
- My inner confidence seems to be directly linked to the status of my game. When it's buggy, I feel like a broken imposter. When it's stable and being enjoyed, I feel stable and enjoyed. It's kinda weird. But I think all artists feel connected to their work like that.
- Fan game developers are more welcoming than I expected. I was worried about elitism in regards to true fan projects being free, directly tied to Pokemon, and more respectable than just a clone of the Pokemon gameplay loop. I was relieved to get the same amount of feedback and praise as anyone else on the Relic Castle Forums.
Regarding BGP, I have a decent 25% conversion ratio going on with trailer views turning into demo downloads. I would have loved to see at least 2000 downloads, but this just shows how far I have left to go to actually impress more critical eyes.
It'd be a nightmare to spend 2.5 years slaving away at this project only for it to have lackluster sales and not get me off the ground at all. This has to do better than Unicorn Training. Much better if I have any hope of making a career out of this.
|Being on Equestria Daily brought views of the trailer from 400 to 1,800 overnight.|
A pretty good start to getting the word out.
By the time this post goes up, the view count on the Demo 5 Trailer should just barely have passed 3000, a new record for BGP trailers. Actually, that'd be my second most viewed video ever with #1 being the almost 60K views on Unicorn Training's Trailer.