Namely, getting at least 3 more playable ponies in the game! Check out how the game is coming along below the break.
|Pretty humans are complete.|
|New "Box Art" for Battle Gem Ponies|
|This will be the Steam Greenlight promotional image going forward.|
- Updated the Looks of Xenoir, Poni-Bot, Mauss, Shyshock, Colossic, Rainbryte, Ditzapp, Stratos, Frufang, and Furum
- Updated Overworld Tiles
- (Re)Created Promotional Art
- Updated Game Icon (New Xenoir Spine Shape)
- Updated World Map Plans
- Renamed Moves & Ponies In-Code
- Small Bug Fixes
- The game feels more like it's own thing now. The inspirations are obvious, but the characters and environments are easily distinguishable.
Feeling excited now. The month-long detour is finally over and the game is actually looking better than ever because of it. Now I can focus on getting the game to a code-complete state where all the systems are in place. Then I can finally start shaping the adventure and flex my game design muscle to craft an unforgettable experience!
Just hoping I can reach code-complete by the end of March and release a new demo to show some of those features off. I really want the game to pass through Steam Greenlight before that service gets taken down in a couple months too.
|Current Standing on Steam|
But no matter what happens, the game is coming to mobile and PC platforms. Pokemon Uranium didn't need Steam to reach 1.5 million people within a week, so with enough hype behind it, an Itch.io release could be successful and I'll make even better margins because they don't take a mandatory 30% cut like other app platforms do.