Hello December. It's funny how a year ago I thought Battle Gem Ponies would be out by now. Release dates are one of the most nebulous things ever. Nobody ever really knows exactly how long a piece of art will take. Get a feel for what's going on so far below the break.
- Reorganized Dev Task List
- Replaced All RoShamBo Assets with Battle Gem Ponies
- Updated List of YouTubers to Send Free Copies of BGP To
- Discovered Limits of Working on Macbook (My Pipeline is Simply Better on PC)
- Macbook is Now Dedicated Backup Computer & Portable Option (PC Laptop must stay connected to 2nd monitor, basically making it a desktop from now on.)
- Decided Not to Pursue Patreon
- Decided to Code Without Playmaker
- Moved PayPal Donate Button Below Popular Posts
- Removed RSS Link (Was anyone even using that?)
- Coded Textboxes for Item Descriptions, Move Info, and Similar Screens
- Fixed Object & NPC Collision Detection
- Fixed Tile Map Layering Problems
- I'm going to animate ponies and moves last and simply use placeholders to focus on the code behind everything first. As each demo releases, I'll spend some time animating 6-10 ponies and moves at a time so it doesn't pile on at the end.
- Glad I got to Toys "R" Us in Times Square When I did. That magical place is vanishing this year.
|In that historic Toys R Us about a couple weeks ago.|
Hoped to see my IP there in some form eventually.
|25K total Unicorn Training Downloads! A sudden surge of Opera downloads are happening too. |
Many app stores updated their look this week in prep for December.
DevLog #50 is on its way. I'm hoping to have the game finished in time for DevLog #100. Maybe I should start a HypeLog after that and build up to release. The game has come really far since the initial PonyMon offhand suggestion I made to myself.
"What if they went all the way with this idea?"